Thursday, December 13, 2007

What a Beautiful Morning!

When we brought the horses home, it was agreed upon that I would feed in the mornings and Sara would get the evening duty. I don't mind one bit as I'm much more of a morning person than she is, and I'm usually up and at 'em before sunrise.

Well, today was one of those few Wisconsin winter mornings that make living up here in the frozen northwoods worthwhile. It was a balmy 17 degrees, no wind, and a light snow was falling. And quiet. There's an unexplainable quality to the quiet that you get when it is snowing. Then there's the crunch of the snow under your boots and the squeak of the horse's hooves on the snow. Add to that the soft nickers from the hungry beasts. It was a good morning.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Andy - you should have been a writer for your profession. Love the beautiful morning post.

Cedar View Paint Horses said...

Shhhhh....Don't tell my boss, but that's what he's paying me for. He just doesn't know it.