Sunday, March 21, 2010

What a Wyatt

It was a nice, brisk, 37 degree day. Slight breeze, hazy sky. Sounds like good riding weather to me! So I saddled up the problem child and told him we were bustin' out and going for a real ride.

Here he is looking so unamused:

Here we are heading south toward the trail:
Coming up on the old town proper:
The old town hall:
Reading all of the signage and obeying all the rules:
Looking at what made that big scary noise (chipmunk):
Just a fella, a horse, and a trail:

And then:

What the buggers IS that?
(Those of you that ride a horse and carry a camera can fully understand that pic)

It's one of these:

Furry horse-eating Alpacas:

Wyatt was wonderful. He only got a little twisty on me when this fella charged the fence. He must be Chief Alpaca:
After that excitement it was back to the trail:
Some berries (we didn't eat them):
Some ice in the swamp:
More traffic signs, complete with traffic:
Some logging:
Then we were home:
Doesn't he look happy?

(We don't put our snow shovels away until June. It's Wisconsin, ya know)


4 comments:

Aunt Krissy said...

When I see how much fun there can be had with a horse, I think that maybe, maybe I would like a horse. Then the snart side kicks in and reminds me that I have only been on a horse 10 times in my life? and i know NOTHING about them!

Gail said...

Sounds like a wonderful ride. So many places to travel and see. Mine have never seen an Alpaca so no telling how they would react.

I have several photos like that. Isn't digital wonderful? Just delete the mistakes and move on, too bad, life is not that simple.

Have a wonderful day.

CTG Ponies said...

Sounds like you had way too much fun! We have an alpaca farm down the road. They just sheared them and they sure are funny looking. They look like ET with his head all the way up.

Aldercreek said...

This post just made my day. I need to remember to take my camera the next time I go for a ride down the road.