Friday, January 20, 2012

Horsepower

I had to take a run into town the other day and came across this:







A small group of fellas and their old Allis Chalmers tractors were turning a field. It was cool. Just a put-put-puttin along, turning the soil over two rows at a time.


After I had enough of that I headed home to see this:









Them'r the real deal. I have no idea of the specs, but that's some horsepower. And bucks. I'd hate to guess a value, but I'm sure the green ones cost a bit more than the orange ones.

2 comments:

Jeffro said...

$120 to 150k last I knew, and that's without a grain platform (header). That's not even one of the biggies - you don't waste the capacity of the largest machines using a 24' header as pictured.

paint_horse_milo said...

Youve got an award on my blog. :)